Please note: The deadline for the proposals has been extended to the 31th of December!
Submission Deadline: December 31th, 2017
Contact: info (at) pirate-secon.org
We are happy to announce the start of the submission process for the forth international Pirate Security Conference, which will take place between the 17th and 18th of February 2018 in Munich.
The congress is organized by the German Pirate Party as well as the non-profit association 42 e.V. and gets additional support from our special partner, the Munich Security Conference.
We mainly want to address the European people, parties and NGO’s interested in international security politics. It addresses also the respective ministries and agencies, the embassies in Germany as well as national and international companies. A special invitation goes also to the members of all national Parliaments and those of the European Parliament.
The Pirate Security Conference is an opportunity for academics, military personnel, practitioners and consultants from around the world who are involved in the study, management, development and implementation of systems and concepts to combat information warfare or to improve information systems security to come together and exchange ideas.
For the 4th Security Conference the main topic will be “Resilience” and will offer participants to emerge over the course of the two days into talks, presentations and panels, focusing on the future and upcoming challenges. All sessions will be streamed and the video recordings published afterwards.
With the ever-increasing use of new technologies, you also have to worry about what happens in the event of technical system failures and how you can still maintain an acceptable level of operability. In order to be able to look at the subject better, we consider this topic under the following gaze wraps:
• Resilience of technical systems and critical infrastructures
• Economic resilience
• Resilience from a sociological point of view
What is the overall situation, what are the challenges and how can resilience be improved?
All three aspects are closely linked and are also used in new tactical concepts in the military field.
Terms and conditions of paper submission:
- Title and abstract of the proposed session should be send to info (at) pirate-secon.org by
September 25th, 2017December 31st, 2017
- The submissions are accepted in English language only
- In case of the acceptance of the submission, the session material and eventual audio and video recordings will be published with a CC-BY 4.0 license
- In case of any financial support, the name of the organization or institute should be reflected in the abstract. Evidently, submission and publication of such papers are subjected to letter of consent from the respective oganization or institute
- Conference is on 17nd and 18nd of February 2018 in Munich, Germany
- Deadline to submit your proposal is December 31th, 2017 23:59 CET
- Speaker notifications by December 31th, 2017 23:59 CET
- Final version due on January 21nd 2018 23:59 CET